Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Riverfront Seafood

  1. #11
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Riverfront Seafood

    Price wise yes HH would be the better option. I have only had one poor experience service wise at HH, but I have been quite often. I ate at Riverfront twice. First time service was fine, and the second time, the guy must have been nearing the end of his shift and was trying to rush us out or something. I haven't been back since after the way he acted.

    You have a wider selection of fish and etc at Riverfront. They even have a small market area where you can buy seafood to take home and fix which is nice.

    As big of a butt I think Wayne can be at times, he does take care of his employees, and I will give him kudos for that. My aunt is his sister, he took a large portion of his staff on a cruise if they had sent so much time with the company for free.

    suprbeast I love fried fish, but also love grilled and broiled halibut and other seafood also. I just like fish I guess. Oysters on the halfshell is something I have wanted to try. I just don't want to buy a half dozen or a dozen and not like them at all and waste the money. Of course, you know what they say about oysters!
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #12
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Riverfront Seafood

    Fish, clams, and shrimp is the only seafood I like at all fried...calamari too.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #13
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Riverfront Seafood

    I like it all so far. Deviled Crab. HMMMM.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #14
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Riverfront Seafood

    There is a really great seafood restaraunt between Hampton and Mountain City on Highway 67. It is called the Captain's Table and is located on Watauga Lake. They not only have seafood, but also have steaks and such. A bit expensive, but well worth the trip. You can dine over the lake or inside. The food is far better than the Harbor House or Riverfront.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Riverfront Seafood

    I'm heading to Baltimore on the 13th of June...can't wait for some freshly steamed crab...mmmmm...I like crab cakes and deviled crab too.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #16
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Riverfront Seafood

    I would like to try a softshell blue crab sandwich if I am heading that way.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #17
    Inactive Member vikescoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Riverfront Seafood

    The Riverfront is an excellent restaurant and the food tastes awesome. I don't know the owner, but I have managed restaurants, and you have to be on top of everything or you will lose your butt.

    The food at the Harbor House is always good, but to me it is a small step below the Riverfront. I have had 2-3 poor service exoeriences there.

    Cowboys on Douglas Lake in Dandridge, TN is awesome! My absolute favorite seafood restaurant in the world is the Harbor Inn in Conover, NC...No one can touch their salt and pepper catfish!
    "One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula

  8. #18
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Riverfront Seafood

    spending as much time as i do on the area lakes, the two guys that mentioned Cowboys and Captains Table are correct...No place within an hour and a half can touch either one....

    one is on watauga, the other on douglas lake
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  9. #19
    Inactive Member imported_SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Riverfront Seafood

    i've had river front once, food is good, but the band was horrible, they had there music way to loud, numerous people asked them to cut it down or shut it off, neither happened, service was good, food was good, live band was a joke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •